Your children must be pre-registered in MOPPETS before they can attend, so that we can plan staff accordingly. Indicate each child you wish to enroll on your registration form.
As each childcare room fills, we will begin a waiting list. If one or more of your children are put on a waiting list, you have several options:
MOPPETS is a very special program designed for your children. We are pleased to have the privilege of caring for them. Your children will be actively involved in MOPPETS from 9:00 to 11:30am while you are enjoying the program at MOPS.
CHECK-IN: Check-in time begins at 8:45am. Please line up to sign your child in at his/her room, provide any information needed for that day, and provide your cell phone number or pick up a pager so you can be easily contacted if needed. Your child will be provided a nametag. Moms must remain on the premises while their children are in the MOPPETS program.
- Please bring a change
of clothes for your children (including socks)
and at least three diapers if your child is not potty trained.
- Label all items (including diapers, bottles and cups) with
child's name. Please do not bring toys from home, as we cannot be responsible if those toys are lost or broken.
- Please try to check in by 9:10am, so that your child (and you!) may benefit from the entire program for the morning.
MOTHERS MILK: Mother's milk is accepted in the nursery. Bring a bottle clearly labeled with your child's name. A refrigerator is available in the nursery for milk storage. Be sure to pick up any unused milk when you pick up your child. As always, mothers are welcome to nurse their babies in any of the nursery rooms, or in the MOPS meeting room at any time.
INFANTS: Your baby is allowed to stay with you in the MOPS meeting until he/she reaches 6 months of age. After 6 months, we require babies to stay in the nursery or in alternate childcare of the mother's choice.
SNACKS: A morning filled with activity can make children hungry. For this reason, we provide a snack during each meeting. If your child has a special diet, please bring a snack for her and indicate this on the sign-in sheet. Occasionally, moms may want to bring special treats (i.e birthday cupcakes) to their child's classroom. We welcome them for the older children but please make prior arrangements with the MOPPETS Coordinator or the class teacher.
PARENT/CHILD SEPARATION: Our goal is to create an atmosphere where your child feels happy and secure. Sometimes it is hard to leave Mom, so to help you and your child with this time, we have a few suggestions:
- Make your goodbyes short. A kiss and a hug with a cheerful "See you later" is good. Please do not prolong the procedure by visiting with friends or your child. Long goodbyes are hard for your child.
- If you think your child will have tears, take him/her to one of the teachers for some extra attention and love while you leave.
- Please don't leave without saying goodbye. Tears may be hard, but disappearing creates panic.
- We will not allow your child to cry any longer than 15 minutes. We will page you and have you stay with your child until he/she feels more secure.
- If you do stay, please find a place to sit down. Assure your child you will not leave without telling him, and that you will watch him play for a while. Do not follow your child around even if she won't participate in the activities. She is doing some very important observing. Each time you stay will be shorter until you will be able to leave a happy child.
ILLNESS: Out of respect and for the safety and wellness of others, please do not bring your child to MOPPETS if she is ill. Our teachers reserve the right to refuse a child they feel is ill. If your child becomes ill while in our care, you will be notified. Please do not bring your child if he/she has:
- A cold or symptoms of a cold: green/yellow or profuse runny nose, cough, sneezing
- A fever or has had a fever within the past 24 hours
- Suspicious rash
- Flu symptoms, stomach ache, headache, diarrhea, or vomiting
- THE GOLDEN RULE FOR ILLNESS: If another child had the same symptoms that your child has, would you want your child sitting next to him?
- Please inform the teacher if a child has a clear runny nose or cough due to a chronic condition (i.e. allergies, asthma, etc.) or has been on antibiotics for 2 or more days. These children may be admitted to class.
CHECK-OUT: Our MOPPETS teachers would appreciate your consideration when picking up your children. Please pick them up immediately after the meeting at 11:30am. Please only one mom at a time at the sign out desks.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS: Contact the Journey of Faith Nursery Coordinator, Jennifer Thomas, if you have any questions or concerns about the MOPPETS program. There isn't sufficient time on MOPS mornings to address some concerns in detail, so please call Jennifer during the week. Jennifer can be reached through the church office at 310.372.4641.